Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board
The Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board advises the Michigan Department of Natural Resources on policies, plans and programs concerning the Michigan Iron Industry Museum. It supports education programs and public use of the facility. The members of the advisory board are appointed by the governor.
Advisory Board Members
- Ronald Basso, Iron River, legislative appointment
- Joseph Derocha, Champion, representing the County Board of Commissioners
- Daniel Fountain, Negaunee, representing Negaunee Township
- Michael A. Gregory, Ishpeming, representing the general public
- Karen L. Kasper, Ishpeming, representing the general public
- Allan E. Koski, Chair, Negaunee, representing the mineral industry
- Victoria Leonhardt, Secretary, Marquette, representing the general public
- Gregory S. Montgomery, Negaunee, representing the general public
- James R. Paquette, Vice Chair, Negaunee, representing the City of Negaunee
- Charles M. Swanson, Marquette, representing the Marquette Regional History Center
2021 Meeting Schedule
Meetings begin at 3 p.m. at the Michigan Iron Industry Museum, unless noted otherwise. People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in these meetings should contact the Michigan Iron Industry Museum one week in advance.
The Michigan Iron Industry Museum—part of the Michigan History Museum System—is located eight miles west of Marquette. Read more Michigan Iron Industry Museum visitor information.
- February 16 - this meeting was held via Zoom
- May 18 - read the agenda; this meeting was held via Zoom
- August 17; Join the August 17, 2021, MIIM Advisory Board meeting on Zoom (Meeting ID: 841 6923 3602 Passcode: 7TP93v)
or join by phone:
- November 9