Michigan Historical Commission
The Michigan Historical Commission advises the director of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and approves Michigan Historical Markers. The governor appoints commission members to four-year terms.
Michigan Historical Commission Members
- Laura Rose Ashlee, Okemos
- Joseph Calvaruso, Galesburg
- Timothy Chester, Grand Rapids
- Brian James Egen, Monroe
- Delia M. Fernandez, Lansing
- Eric P. Hemenway, Harbor Springs
- Robin Terry, Rochester Hills
- Thomas Truscott, Lansing
- Larry J. Wagenaar, Ada
- Sandra S. Clark, Secretary, Director, Michigan History Center
2022 Michigan Historical Commission Meeting Schedule and Agendas
Unless noted, all meetings are held at the Michigan Library and Historical Center in the Morris Learning Center (first floor, east wing). Meetings begin at 10 a.m. and are open to the public; agendas will be posted here in PDF format as they become available. The Michigan Library and Historical Center is located at 702 West Kalamazoo Street, Lansing. The building and visitor parking are on the north side of Kalamazoo Street, two blocks east of M. L. King Jr. Boulevard.
- February 3 - read the agenda; This meeting was virtual only due to weather conditions.
- Special meeting: March 16, 11 a.m. - read the agenda
- April 21 - read the agenda
- June 9, 9:30 a.m.
- August 25
- November 3
Programs and Initiatives