Skip to main content

Fort Wilkins and Copper Harbor Lighthouses

A large, wheeled cannon sits on a large grassy area. White one-story wooden buildings are in the far background.

Fort Wilkins and Copper Harbor Lighthouses

A large, wheeled cannon sits on a large grassy area. White one-story wooden buildings are in the far background.

Built in 1844, Fort Wilkins was intended to keep law and order during the Copper Rush. The fort tells the story of life on the northern frontier during the mid-1800s. The park also includes the Copper Harbor lighthouses built in 1866 and 1868.

Fort Wilkins
U.S. 41
Copper Harbor, MI 49918

Phone: 906-289-4215

Admission is free; however, a Recreation Passport is required for vehicle entry.

Open seasonally.

Fort Wilkins Visitor Information