The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board
The Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board advises the Michigan Department of Natural Resources on policies, plans and programs concerning the Michigan Iron Industry Museum. It supports education programs and public use of the facility. The members of the advisory board are appointed by the governor.
Advisory Board Members
- Ronald Basso, Iron River, legislative appointment
- Joseph Derocha, Champion, representing the County Board of Commissioners
- Daniel Fountain, Negaunee, representing Negaunee Township
- Michael A. Gregory, Ishpeming, representing the general public
- Karen L. Kasper, Ishpeming, representing the general public
- Victoria Leonhardt, Secretary, Marquette, representing the general public
- Gregory S. Montgomery, Negaunee, representing the general public
- James R. Paquette, Vice Chair, Negaunee, representing the City of Negaunee
- Charles M. Swanson, Marquette, representing the Marquette Regional History Center
2023 Meeting Schedule and Agendas
All meetings are in-person only. Meetings begin at 3 p.m. and are open to the public; agendas will be posted here in PDF format as they become available. People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in these meetings should contact the Michigan Iron Industry Museum one week in advance.
The Michigan Iron Industry Museum—part of the Michigan History Museum System—is located eight miles west of Marquette. Read more Michigan Iron Industry Museum visitor information.
- March 14
- June 13
- Aug. 15
- Nov. 6,