The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Heritage Leadership Council
The Michigan Heritage Leadership Council is an ad hoc group convened by the Historical Society of Michigan, the Michigan Historical Commission and the Michigan History Center. It grew out of a larger May 3, 2013, meeting on Public History and the report of the Blue Ribbon Panel on Michigan Parks and Outdoor Recreation. Its purpose is to ensure that the Blue Ribbon Panel's recommendations incorporating culture and heritage are followed. Its focus is the intersect between the public, Michigan heritage and outdoor recreation.
Members of the council are leaders in the diverse statewide and regional public history organizations that serve Michigan, and in statewide environmental and recreational.
- Ron Bloomfield, Michigan Museums Association & Michigan Underwater Preserve Council, Bay City
- Dan Bonenberger, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti
- Sandra Clark, Michigan History Center, Lansing
- Jack Dempsey, Michigan Historical Commission, Plymouth
- Nancy Finegood, Michigan Historic Preservation Network, Lansing
- Brad Garmon, Michigan Environmental Council & Member of the Blue Ribbon Panel, Lansing
- Eric Hemenway, Little Traverse Bands of Odawa Indians, Petoskey
- Erik Nordberg, Wayne State University, Detroit
- Dennis Pace, Michigan Trails and Greenways & Michigan History Foundation, Lansing
- Larry Wagenaar, Historical Society of Michigan. Ada