The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
This program is expected to remain on hiatus through 2021. Information on 2022 programs will be posted later this fall.
Location: Michigan History Museum, Lansing
Day and Time: 1:30 to 3 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of the month (* indicates a Tuesday session)
Audience: Ages 6 to 11
Program Fee: $5/student, $4/adult
Registration: Walk-in registration only; space is limited
The Michigan History Museum has teamed up with Impression 5 Science Center, REACH Studio Art Center and Woldumar Nature Center to offer dynamic learning environments where homeschoolers can explore monthly themes through the disciplines of art, science, nature and history. Each partner organization takes a turn hosting a Learn517 program on a different Thursday throughout the month. Following are dates, themes and lesson titles for the programs at the Michigan History Museum.
- October 24 - Fabrics/Textiles: The Fabric of Michigan's Past
- November 26* - Made in Michigan: Making History in Michigan
- December 26 - Architecture: Form and Function in Michigan Architecture
- January 23, 2020 - In the Sky: The Heights of Human Ingenuity
- February 27 - Community: Exploring MI Community
- Canceled: March 26 - Inventors/Inventions: Prototypes and Persistence
- Canceled: April 23 - Nature: Invasive Species and Other Oddities
Each Learn517 program at the Michigan History Museum includes complimentary museum admission. You can save on regular admission and receive other great benefits when you become a Michigan History Center member.
The Michigan History Museum—flagship of the Michigan History Museum System—is located in the east wing of the Michigan Library and Historical Center. Sunday admission and weekend parking are free. Read more Michigan History Museum visitor information.
We invite you to explore our online calendar, where you'll find all Michigan History Center events throughout the state.