Other Items of Interest
- About the State Employees' Retirement System The State Employees' Retirement System is a statewide public employee retirement plan administered by the Office of Retirement Services.
- Retirement Act: Public Act 240 The operation of State Employees' Retirement System is controlled by the State Employees' Retirement ActPublic Act 240 of 1943, as amended.
- Board Information This board provides oversight of the Defined Benefit plan in the State Employees Retirement System.
- Connections Read the latest Connections, the newsletter we deliver twice a year to our retirees.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFRs) The Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports contain a wealth of interesting figures and statistics about the State Employees' Retirement System.
- Office of the State Employer This state office oversees contract negotiations with bargaining units for the state workforce. Its Employee Health Management Division assists employees with work-related illnesses and injuries and nonduty disabilities. OSE also manages the Employee Services Program.
- Civil Service Commission (CSC) In addition to recruiting and hiring state employees, the CSC offers employee training, including seminars on planning and investing for retirement. The Employee Benefits Division of the CSC negotiates health insurance contracts for both active and retired state employees.
- Voya Financial®
Voya® is a leading provider of pension plans and was selected by the state to administer the 401(k) Defined Contribution plan and the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan. Voya also offers services like investment counseling and round-the-clock customer service.