Insurance Licensee Continuing Education (CE) Carryover FAQ
- What changed to make carryover of additional CE hours possible for Michigan resident producers and solicitors?
The implementation of PA 67 of 2017 created the potential to carry additional CE hours forward from the current review period to the next review period.
- Have the CE requirements changed with the new law?
No. The CE requirements remain the same.
- Who does the new law affect?
All Producers and Solicitors required to complete CE to maintain an active license status.
- When can I begin earning carryover hours?
Producers and Solicitors with a July 1, 2018 CE review date and later may accumulate CE carryover hours.
- How many hours can be carried over to the next review period?
A maximum of 12 CE credit hours may be eligible to be carried over to the next CE review period. A licensee must first be compliant for the current CE review period before carryover credit hours can be calculated.
- If additional ethics hours are completed, will those hours count toward the ethics requirement for the next review period?
No. Ethics CE credit hours must be completed for each review period. Additional hours obtained through the completion of ethics courses will apply toward General CE hours.
- Where can I verify the additional or carryover CE hours I have earned?
Licensees may check the Insurance Licensee Locator for license information, including Continuing Education status.
- Will the additional courses I take during a review period display in the current CE review period on the Insurance Licensee Locator?
Yes. Additional CE credit hours will appear in the Summary of Hours Reported - Current Review Period.
- The additional hours I earned during this review period did not show as carryover credits in my Summary of Hours Reported on the Insurance Licensee Locator. Why?
A licensee must first be compliant for the current CE review period before carryover credit hours can be calculated.
- Who can I contact if a course I completed does not appear in the CE Summary of Hours Reported on the Insurance Licensee Locator?
Contact the education provider through which you completed the course(s).
- Where can I get general CE questions answered?
The answers provided are not meant to be a substitute for legal advice.