The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Department of Insurance and Financial Services Fraud Investigation Unit
- Report fraud online through the DIFS Fraud Reporting Form.
- Call toll-free: 1-877-999-6442
- Email: DIFS-AntiFraud@michigan.gov
- Mail: DIFS - Fraud Investigation Unit, 530 W. Allegan Street, 7th Floor, Lansing, MI 48933
- 2023 Annual Report
Contact the insurance company you think was defrauded. Some insurers sponsor toll-free hotlines. Call or write if the insurer doesn't have a hotline.
National Association of Insurance Commissioners
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) is the U.S. standard-setting and regulatory support organization created and governed by the chief insurance regulators from the 50 states, the District of Columbia and five U.S. territories.
- Phone: (816) 842-3600
- Fax: (816) 783-8175
- NAIC website
- Report Fraud Consumers
- Report Fraud Industry Member
National Insurance Crime Bureau
NICB investigates insurance crimes involving property and casualty insurance, including auto and home insurance, liability insurance, and workers compensation.
- Call toll-free: 1-800-TEL-NICB (1-800-835-6422, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. CST)
- Call toll-free: 1-800-MEDICARE to report scams against this federal health program for seniors.
- More information about Medicare.
- Call toll-free: 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477) to report fraud against this federal healthcare program for the poor.
- More information about Medicaid.
National Flood Insurance Program
- Call toll-free: 1-800-323-8603 (24-7)
- Fax: 202-254-4292
- Mail: Office of Inspector General/MAIL STOP 0305, Department of Homeland Security, 245 Murray Drive SW, Building 410, Washington, D.C. 20528.
- More information about the National Flood Insurance Program.
Federal Crop Insurance Program
- Call toll-free: 1-800-424-9121, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (EST)
- Write: Office of Inspector General, P.O. Box 23399, Washington, D.C. 20026. Include as much detail as you can. Let them know if you wish to remain confidential if you sign your name.
- More information about the Federal Crop Insurance Program.
Reporting medical providers
Affordable Care Act
- Call toll-free: 1-800-318-2596 to report scams involving health policies sold under the Affordable Care Act.
- More information about the Affordable Care Act.