Skip to main content

Adjuster Emergency/Catastrophe Licensing

In the event of a catastrophe, emergency adjusters are required to become licensed in Michigan prior to adjusting claims. Each individual must submit an Electronic Licensing (ERL) application.

In response to the emergency, the Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) will expedite the application process for emergency adjuster applicants. Emergency adjuster applicants should contact the Insurance Licensing Section at to validate the emergency and receive special instructions for licensure.

Resident and non-resident adjuster licenses expire annually on March 31. Renewal information can be found here.