The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Section 1238(1) of the Michigan Insurance Code, MCL 500.1238(1), requires any agent, agency, solicitor, counselor, or adjuster to notify the Director of any change in his or her mailing and electronic mail address within 30 days after the change.
A new license is automatically sent to the licensee or agency when a Mailing Address change is processed.
- All individual licensees must use the Contact Change Request (CCR) page on the NIPR website. Click on the “Change” button to access the CCR page.
- Licensure information must be displayed on the NAIC PDB in order to use the CCR.
- Licensees must use their National Producer Number (NPN) or their Social Security Number (SSN) to utilize the CCR. Michigan licensees cannot use their Michigan System ID Number to access the CCR.
- Non-resident licensee addresses on record for Michigan must be the same as the addresses in the licensee’s home-state as reflected in the NAIC PDB.
- All non-resident adjusters must have only one home state license to use CCR.
- Individual licensees must have a residence address that is a physical address. PO boxes are allowed for business and mailing addresses.
- Individual licensees can update their mailing, business, and residence addresses, email addresses, and/or telephone numbers using the CCR.
- Address changes will automatically be edited using USPS terminology, and will be verified with the USPS database of accepted addresses.
- Currently, CCR does not allow adding or editing Canadian addresses.
Business Entities (Agencies)
Effective December 1, 2016, business entities (agencies) must use the DIFS Insurance Licensing Online Services (ILOS) web page to update agency information, including
- Agency name
- Assumed Names/dba’s
- DRLP and Affiliate information
- Branch Office Registration
- Mailing and business addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email address for agency contact person
- Website address