The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s Executive Directive No. 2019-11 states that each department or autonomous agency is required to designate a transparency liaison that shall do the following:
- Assist members of the public seeking a public record from the department or agency in navigating the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act or other law applicable to public records, including by providing educational materials on the website of the department or agency.
- Assist members of the public seeking to participate in a public meeting held by a board or commission within the department or agency in a manner that complies with the Open Meetings Act, including by providing educational materials on the website.
- Make recommendations to the department and agency for compliance with this directive, to reduce costs relating to public records requests, and to encourage greater transparency.
- Advocate for the disclosure of public records quickly and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Advocate for transparency and procedures that encourage public participation in public meetings.
- Consult with the department or agency’s Freedom of Information Act coordinator regarding compliance with this directive and the Freedom of Information Act.
- Recommend changes to the department’s or agency’s procedures and guidelines and written public summary of the procedures and guidelines for the department under section 4 of the Freedom of Information Act, MCL 15.234.
In compliance with the Executive Directive, the Department of Insurance and Financial Services’ Transparency Liaison can be reached at:
Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services
P.O. Box 30220
Lansing, MI 48909-7720
Freedom of Information Act Requests