Staff of the Office of Children's Ombudsman
The Michigan Office of Children's Ombudsman (OCO) employs a multi-disciplinary team of investigators, and support staff, many with advanced degrees. Team members include:
- An attorney with 21 years of varied child welfare experience whose prior employment includes working at the DHHS Children's Services Administration, the DHHS Office of Legal Services and the State Court Administrative Office's Michigan Judicial Institute.
- A former DHHS employee with 7 years of experience as a Children's Protective Services (CPS) worker in Wayne County, 10 years of experience as a direct care worker in mental health services, who is currently pursuing a Master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- A former DHHS employee with 22 years of child welfare experience as a foster care case manager, a child protective services specialist, a permanency planning conference facilitator, and 5 years of experience as a supervisor of Child Protective Services and Foster Care.
- An investigator with more than 11 years of experience in Adult Services, Children's Foster Care, Children's Protective Services, Foster Home Licensing, Placement Resource Unit, and Pre-Certification & PRIDE Foster Home Training.
- A former DHHS employee with over 15 years of experience involving child health, family services, and ensuring policy compliance at local offices.
- A licensed social worker and former DHHS employee with over 13 years of experience in Children's Protective Services, Foster Care, Family Reunification and Permanency Planning.
- A former Program Manager and investigator at DHHS and LARA, with nine years' experience in grant research involving technology projects that protect vulnerable populations, and evaluations of programs that deliver medical and social services to families with young children.
- A former DHHS employee with over 15 years of child welfare experience in the areas of Children's Protective Services, Licensing, Juvenile Justice and management of Foster Care.
- A former DHHS employee with over 6 years of child welfare experience in the areas of Children's Protective Services and Licensing.