What is my User Name?You created your User Name when you registered for miAccount. Your User Name is 8 to 20 characters in length and is case sensitive. IT IS NOT your 8 digit member ID, your HRMN ID, or your email address. If you cannot remember your User Name, return to the miAccount login page and click on I forgot my User Name.
What is my password?The password you created is case sensitive, it is 8 to 20 characters long, it must contain both upper and lowercase letters and at least one number. Your password cannot be the same as your User Name. If you cannot remember your password, return to the miAccount login page and click on I forgot my Password.
|View the registration steps in pdf format|
How do I get my Member ID if I am currently working?Your member ID is a unique number assigned to you by ORS. You can find it on most correspondence you receive from our office.
If you can't find your Member ID, follow these steps to have your member ID mailed to you.
- Select your retirement system above then click the Register Now button from the login page.
- Read the directions to register in three easy steps, then read and agree to the Michigan Security Policy.
- On the next screen, complete the required fields by entering your social security number, date of birth, last name, and retirement system.
- Choose your status from the dropdown list.
- Once you enter the correct identifying information and select your status, a link "Mail my member ID" will appear next to the member ID field.
- Click the link and ORS will send you member ID to you by U.S. mail
I used to work as a member of a retirement system, do I need a Member ID to register?Yes, you will need a Member ID to register to use miAccount. Complete steps 1 through 6 above to have your member ID mailed to your address on file with ORS. If your address with ORS is not current, you will need to call our office.
I am retired, what do I need to register?To register for miAccount, you will need to supply personal information along with your net pension amount. You can find this on your most recent bank or pension statement. It is the amount deposited to your account after deductions.
What system does miAccount work best with?Internet Explorer 5.0 and above or Firefox 1.0 and above.
This document requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you experience difficulty in viewing these files we recommend that you use version 6 or later. Download a free copy of the software.