Detroit FRC City Meeting Minutes July 26, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
CITY REGULAR MEETING
Monday, July 26, 2021, at 1:00 p.m.
Remotely Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: August 23, 2021
- Call to Order
- Chairperson, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order 1:00 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present -6
- Dr. Barnwell
- Rachael Eubanks
- Dave Massaron
- Jay Rising
- Ron Rose
- John Walsh
Members Absent -4
- Brenda Jones
- David Nicholson
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry (non-voting on City matters)
- Jeremy Vidito (non-voting on City matters)
Let the record show that six (6) Commission members eligible to vote were present, A quorum was present.
- Approval of the Proposed Minutes from the June 28, 2021, Regular City Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Walsh to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's June 28, 2021, City Meeting as presented. The Commission approved the minutes of the city meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the City's monthly report, ending May 31, 2021, the city continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waiver at this time.
- Commissioner Barnwell had a question regarding the Workforce Changes Report in the city's monthly financial report. Commissioner Barnwell wanted to know the explanation for the differences in savings from implemented cost-savings measures between the general fund and non-general fund. Budget Director Steve Watson provided the explanation.
- Commissioner Rose requested from the city a memo that would provide a list of the 15 appropriations approved by city council regarding the recent availability of ARPA dollars ($826 million). Chief Financial Officer Jay Rising will be forwarding the adopted, city council ARPA resolution to the FRC.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Michelle George
- Next Meeting Date
- City Regular Meeting: Monday, August 23, 2021, at 1:00 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Barnwell to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:16 p.m.