The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes 12-14-2020
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, December 14, 2020
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: January 25, 2021
- Call to Order
- Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:43 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present – 7
- Rachael Eubanks
- Brenda Jones – (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Chris Kolb
- David Nicholson
- Ron Rose
- Iris Taylor
- John Walsh
Members Absent – 3
- Dave Massaron – (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Stacy Fox
- Nicholai Vitti
Let the record show that Six (6) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s November 16, 2020 School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Nicholson and supported by Commissioner Rose to approve the draft minutes of the Commission’s November 16, 2020 School District Meeting. The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the November 16, 2020 meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Chelan Burks-Andrews, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, ending October 31, 2020, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, January 25, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Kolb and supported by Commissioner Taylor to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:49 p.m.