The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes February 22, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, February 22, 2021
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
These Minutes were Ratified and Affirmed at the August 28, 2023 Meeting
- Call to Order
- Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:10 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that five (5) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s January 25, 2021 School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Nicholson and supported by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry to approve the draft minutes of the Commission’s January 25, 2021 School District Meeting.The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the January 25, 2021, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Chelan Burks-Andrews, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending December 31, 2020, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Helen Moore
- Michelle George
- Next Meeting Date
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Nicholson to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:16 p.m.
Members Present – 5
- Rachael Eubanks
- David Nicholson
- Dave Massaron
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry
- Ron Rose
Members Absent – 4
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Nicholai Vitti
- John Walsh