The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes January 25, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, January 25, 2021
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: February 22, 2021
- Call to Order
Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:09 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present – 6
- Rachael Eubanks
- David Nicholson
- Dave Massaron
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry
- Ron Rose
- John Walsh
Members Absent – 3
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Nicholai Vitti
Let the record show that Six (6) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
Madame Chair, Eubanks introduced the new School Board President, Angelique Peterson-Mayberry to the Commissioners, and noted that Ms. Peterson-Mayberry has replaced Dr. Iris Taylor to serve on the Financial Review Commission. (FRC)
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s December 14, 2020 School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Nicholson and supported by Commissioner Rose to approve the draft minutes of the Commission’s December 14, 2020 School District Meeting. The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the December 14, 2020 meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Chelan Burks-Andrews, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, ending December 31, 2020, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, February 22, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Nicholson and supported by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:13 p.m.