The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes July 26, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, July 26, 2021
Following the City's Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: August 23, 2021
- Call to Order
- Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1: p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present - 6
- Dr. Barnwell
- Rachael Eubanks
- Dave Massaron
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Ron Rose
- John Walsh
Members Absent - 4
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- David Nicholson
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry
- Jeremy Vidito
Let the record show that six (6) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC's June 28, 2021, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Walsh and supported by Commissioner Rising to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's June 28, 2021, School District Meeting. The Commission approved the minutes of the June 28, 2021, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, ending May 31, 2021, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Commissioner Barnwell requested clarification of the COVID Expenditure Summary pie chart, on page 12, from the school's monthly financial report. Chief Financial Officer Jeremy Vidito, who was not present at today's meeting, will address Commissioner Barnwell's question at the August 26 FRC meeting.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Michelle George
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, August 23, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Rising and supported by Commissioner Rose to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:26 p.m.