The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes March 29, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, March 29, 2021
Following the City's Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: April 26, 2021
- Call to Order
- Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:27 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present - 5
- Rachael Eubanks
- Dave Massaron
- Ron Rose
- Jeremy Vidito
- John Walsh
Members Absent -5
- Dr. Barnwell
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- David Nicholson
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
Let the record show that five (5) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks, reported that Dr. John Barnwell has been appointed to the Financial Review Commission for a term commencing March 26, 2021 and expiring November 9, 2023. He succeeds Dr. Isaiah McKinnon, whose term ended November 9, 2021. Mr. Ron Rose is reappointed for a term commencing March 26, 2021 and expiring November 9, 2024. Dr. Nicholai Vitti delegated his vote on all FRC matters to Mr. Jeremy Vidito, DPSCD's Chief Financial Officer in his absence.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC's February 22, 2021 School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Massaron and supported by Commissioner Rose to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's February 22, 2021 School District Meeting. The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the February 22, 2021 meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Chelan Burks-Andrews, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending January 31, 2021, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, April 26, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Vidito to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:30 p.m.