The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes October 25, 2021
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, October 25, 2021
Following the City's Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved November 15, 2021
- Call to Order
- Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:08 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present - 6
- Rachael Eubanks
- Chris Harkins
- David Nicholson
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Ron Rose
- Jeremy Vidito
Members Absent - 4
- Dr. Barnwell
- Brenda Jones (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry
- John Walsh
Let the record show that five (5) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC's September 27, 2021, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Nicholson to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's September 17, 2021, School District Meeting. The Commission approved the minutes of the September 27, 2021, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, ending August 31, 2021, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Mr. Dostine gave a brief update on the preparation of the School District's year-two wavier. He stated that the re-instituted finance subcommittee held meetings last week and the contracts subcommittee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 26, 2021.
- The necessary documents from the school district and the FRC staff are being prepared and will be forwarded to the commissioners for review.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Michelle George
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday November 15, 2021, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm.
- The Financial Review Commission at its Oct. 25 meeting discussed the venue for the upcoming November 15, 2021, monthly meeting and it was agreed the Nov. 15 meeting needs to accommodate the public, therefore, the meeting will be hybrid.
- Motion made by Commissioner Nicholson and supported by Commissioner Rose to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:31 pm.