The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes April 17, 2023
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, April 17, 2023
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: May 22, 2023
- Call to Order
- Chairman, Kevin Smith called the meeting to order at 1:18 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that eight (8) commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s February 27, 2023, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Rose to approve the draft minutes of the commission’s February 27, 2023, School District Meeting.The commission unanimously approved the minutes of the February 27, 2023, meeting as presented.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s March 27, 2023, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry to approve the draft minutes of the commission’s March 27, 2023, School District Meeting.The commission unanimously approved the minutes of the March 27, 2023, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending February 28, 2023, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Chief Financial Officer, Jeremy Vidito addressed questions from the commission relating to the February 28, 2023, financial reports. Commissioner Harkins shared a Mi School Data link in the chat following a brief discussion about student performance data.
- Old Business:
- New Business:
- Public Comment:
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, May 22, 2023, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Harkins to adjourn. The commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:41 p.m.
Members Present – 8
- Dr. Barnwell
- Chris Harkins
- David Nicholson
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Ron Rose
- Kevin Smith
- Jeremy Vidito
- John Walsh
Members Absent – 2
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Mary Sheffield (non-voting on DPSCD matters)