The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes February 27, 2023
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, February 27, 2023
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
- Call to Order
- Chairman, Kevin Smith called the meeting to order at 1:10 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that six (6) commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s January 30, 2023, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Walsh and supported by Commissioner Vidito to approve the draft minutes of the commission’s January 30, 2023, School District Meeting. The commission unanimously approved the minutes of the January 30, 2023, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending December 31, 2022, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business:
- New Business:
- Public Comment:
- Next Meeting Date
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Nicholson to adjourn. The commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:14 p.m.
Members Present – 6
- David Nicholson
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Kevin Smith
- Jeremy Vidito
- John Walsh
Members Absent – 4
- Dr. Barnwell
- Chris Harkins
- Ron Rose
- Mary Sheffield (non-voting on DPSCD matters)