The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes June 26, 2023
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, June 26, 2023
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved: Monday, August 28, 2023
- Call to Order
- Chairman Kevin A. Smith called the meeting to order at 1:26 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that six (6) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s May 22, 2023, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Rose to approve the draft minutes of the Commission’s May 22, 2023, School District Meeting.The Commission unanimously approved the minutes of the May 22, 2023, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending April 30, 2023, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- DPS/DPSCD Financial Report for April 30, 2023 – FYI Only
- CFO, Jeremy Vidito gave a detailed overview of above-mentioned financial reports and addressed questions from the commissioners.
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, July 31, 2023, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Rose to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:57 p.m.
Members Present – 7
- Dr. Barnwell
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Ron Rose
- Kevin A. Smith
- John Walsh
Members Absent – 2
- Chris Harkins
- Mary Sheffield (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Nicholai Vitti