The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes October 30, 2023
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, October 30, 2023
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
- Call to Order
- Chairman Kevin A. Smith called the meeting to order at 1:14 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that six (6) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s September 18, 2023, School District Monthly Meeting. Motion made by Commissioner Walsh and supported by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry to approve the September 18, 2023, draft meeting minutes of the Commission’s School District meeting. Motion moved and supported; the Commission approved the minutes as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending August 31, 2023, DPS and DPSCD remain in compliance with all statute as it relates to their waivers.
- Mr. Dostine also reported that the contracts and procurement sub-committee met on October 24 and the finance subcommittee will meet on November 1, 2023, in preparation of the school district’s request for a fourth waiver.He further noted that the district will be making its waiver request presentation to the commission at the November 13, 2023, meeting.
- Old Business
- New Business
- DPS/DPSCD Financial Report for August 31, 2023 – FYI Only
- CFO, Jeremy Vidito gave an overview of above-mentioned financial reports and addressed questions from the commissioners.
- Public Comment
- William Davis
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, November 13, 2023, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Harkins to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:39 p.m.
Members Present – 7
- Hakeem Berry
- Chris Harkins
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Ron Rose
- Kevin A. Smith
- John Walsh
Members Absent – 3
- Dr. Barnwell
- Mary Sheffield (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Dr. Nicholai Vitti