The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes September 18, 2023
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, September 18, 2023
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
- Call to Order
- Chairman Kevin A. Smith called the meeting to order at 1:07 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that five (5) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s August 28, 2023, School District Monthly Meeting. Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Rose to approve the August 28, 2023, draft meeting minutes of the Commission’s School District meeting. Motion moved and supported; the Commission approved the minutes as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, for the month ending July 31, 2023, DPS and DPSCD remain in compliance with all statute as it relates to their waivers.
- Mr. Dostine also gave a brief outline of the process in preparation for the school district’s year-four waiver extension, noting that the finance and contracts and procurement subcommittees will be reconvened, and the district will make a presentation to the commission at the November 13, 2023, FRC meeting.
- Old Business
- New Business
- DPS/DPSCD Financial Report for July 31, 2023 – FYI Only
- CFO, Jeremy Vidito gave an overview of above-mentioned financial reports and addressed questions from the commissioners.
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday, October 30, 2023, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Harkins to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:39 p.m.
Members Present – 5
- Chris Harkins
- Ms. Peterson-Mayberry
- Ron Rose
- Kevin A. Smith
- Dr. Nicholai Vitti
Members Absent – 4
- Dr. Barnwell
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Mary Sheffield (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- John Walsh