The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Updated First Responder Hazard Pay Premiums (FRHPP) Program
First Responder Hazard Pay
Premiums Program (FRHPPP)
Application Round Now Open Until September 30, 2020.
The program was created to reimburse and/or pay for qualifying first responder hazard pay premiums provided to first responders who have performed hazardous duty or work involving physical hardship related to COVID-19. The program is funded under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Public Law 116-136.
Reimbursements and payments will be on a first-come, first-served basis. An application is deemed to be submitted when all required supporting documentation has been emailed or faxed to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
Eligible hazard pay premiums must be paid to employees by September 30, 2020 to qualify for the program.
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs)
- 9-1-1 Operators
- Local Unit of Government Corrections Officers
- Airport Public Safety Officers
- Eligible personnel associated with ambulance operations licensed under section 20920 of the Public Health Code (1978 PA 368; MCL 333.20920)
- Private EMTs and paramedics who contract with municipalities or hospitals, if the hazard pay premiums are paid through the applicant
- Eligible Applicants
- Public Airport Operators
- Ambulance Operations licensed under section 20920 of the Public Health Code (1978 PA 368; MCL 333.20920)
- A local government authority, intergovernmental agency, or organization that employs local public safety or local public health personnel and that was established by a city, village, township, county, or group thereof for the primary purpose of providing public safety or public health services.
- Available Program Amount
- Maximum Available Limits
- $1,000 per eligible employee
- $5,000,000 to any one applicant
- Application Period
- Applications must be received by September 30, 2020
- Payments and Reimbursements will be on a first-come, first-served basis. An application is deemed to be submitted when all required supporting documentation has been emailed or faxed to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
- Payments will be made no later than November 14, 2020
- Each eligible applicant that applies for a subaward must register with the Federal System for Award Management (SAM). Applicants that submit an application after July 26, 2020, must register in the SAM system prior to sending an application to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
- Application Packet with each page initialed and dated; along with all the required signatures.
- Applicants that are requesting an advance payment (i.e. hazard pay premiums have not been paid to the applicant’s employees yet) must submit Form 5725, First Responder Hazard Pay Premiums Program, Advance Request, with the Application Packet.
- Applicants that were required to submit Form 5725, First Responder Hazard Pay Premiums Program, Advance Request, must submit to the Michigan Department of Treasury a Final Program Report by October 15, 2020.
- Get the Hazard Pay Premiums Payment Report
- Get the FRHPPP Application Packet
- Get the FRHPPP Advance Request Form (5725)
- Get the Final Program Report of Advances (Coming Soon)
Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Federal System for Award Management (SAM)
Federal CARES Act State Distribution Information
Revenue Sharing and Grants Division
- Phone: 517-335-0155
- Fax: 517-335-3298
- Email: Treas-CARES@michigan.gov