Skip to main content

Continuing Education

Although the Surplus Lines license does not require continuing education, the pre-empting licenses of Property and Casualty do require continuing education in the State of Michigan. If the resident licensee is suspended for education or inactivated for another reason, the Surplus Lines license will become inactive.

The non-resident Surplus Lines licensee must comply with his/her home state continuing education requirements and remain in good standing. The status of the license may be verified on the NAIC Producer Database (PDB). If the pre-empting Property and Casualty or Accident and Health license is inactivated for any reason, the Surplus Lines license will be inactivated