- Get your first Michigan Drivers License Teen drivers under age 18 must complete two segments of driver education classroom instruction and meet the requirements for each of the three GDL licensing levels.
- What to expect from Segment 1 Driver Education
- What to expect from Segment 2 Driver Education
- Michigan sites for taking your road test
- that you may be eligible for covered drivers training expenses under the YIT program? Check out our information for eligibility requirements.
- MI Drive Web site Michigan road maps, search for road construction, city to city distance/time calculator, city-county locator and more.
- Road Rage. Do YOU have it? Take this test to find out.
- Winter Driving Tips
Finding and Buying a Car
- Steps to buying a car: a quick start guide
- Your New Car: Lease or Buy? Use this information to help make a decision.
- There are generally three sources of used cars:
- Private Owner
- Used Car Dealer
- New Car Dealer
Here are the pros and cons of each.
- Find a used car at the State Surplus Auction
- If you buy a used car, be sure to register it & get new license plates! Find out here where to go and what to do.
Insurance and Maintenance
- Don't buy auto insurance until you read this Information about what affects your premium and tools to help you shop around for a lower premium or for a different insurance company.
- What will happen if you drive without auto insurance
- Buyer's guide to auto insurance in Michigan
- What you need to know Winter driving tips, Emergency supply list and maintaining your vehicle.