The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
WAMC Hero Panel
The Water Asset Management Council
<span class="sr-only">WAMC Council</span>
The Water Asset Management Council (WAMC) is created within the Michigan Infrastructure Council (MIC) and consists of nine voting members, who are appointed by the MIC, to represent the following:
- One member representing the Michigan Municipal League
- One member representing the Michigan Townships Association
- One member representing the Michigan Association of Counties
- One member representing the Michigan Association of Drain Commissioners
- One member representing a regional drinking water, wastewater, or storm water authority
- One member representing a region
- One member representing the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
After the initial, staggered terms, all voting members serve 3-year terms. The WAMC also maintains one ex officio, non-voting member, representing the Michigan Department of Technology, Management, and Budget (DTMB) to advise on DTMB's role as the central data storage agency.
The WAMC is supported by qualified administrative and technical staff provided by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.