Notice: MI Power Grid meetings and all other MPSC workgroup meetings will be conducted via teleconference only until further notice. Please find remote access information for upcoming meetings on our calendar of events. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Activities for this workgroup have not yet commenced. If you wish to be notified when this workgroup becomes active, please be sure to subscribe to the listserv below.
As older electric generation plants retire, new resources will need to be brought online to replace them. Competitively bidding new resources can help to show what options are available, ensure emerging technologies can be considered as part of utility planning and procurement, and result in lower costs for customers.
Actions to Date
- MPSC competitive bid guidelines approved for renewable energy plans in U-15806
- DTE Certificate of Need order provides guidance on avoiding limitations in RFPs used in competitive bids (U-18419)
- MPSC approved competitive solicitation for new solar in Consumers Energy's integrated resource plan (U-20165)
- MPSC provided guidance to DTE Energy in renewable energy plan case (U-18232) re: competitive procurement; further review in DTE's integrated resource plan
- Investigate best practices in competitive solicitation of resources
- Monitor Consumers Energy’s competitive solicitation process
- Work with Consumers Energy, DTE Energy and stakeholders to refine competitive solicitation
- Consider rulemaking to apply best practices to all utilities
Related MPSC Case(s)
Sign up for Competitive Procurement updates