- Chairman Sally Talberg testified before the House Energy Policy Committee on Sept 19 with overview of U-18197 decision on capacity demonstration requirements
- Michigan Public Service Commission establishes electric capacity demonstration process to promote long-term reliability of electric grid. Issue Brief attached
- WE'RE HIRING! There are currently seven positions within the Michigan Public Service Commission, Michigan Agency for Energy, and Michigan Administrative Hearing System that have been posted on the State of Michigan website. Closes 9/27/17 to 10/1/17.
- Due to technical difficulties with our servers, access to orders may be intermittent.
- Alternative fuel vehicles conference wraps up. Audio Files Available
MPSC looks to clarify role in fostering EV, CNG vehicle infrastructure in Michigan
Public Acts 341 and 342 were passed on December 15, 2016, and signed by Governor Rick Snyder on December 21, 2016. PA 341 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to utility rate cases, electric choice, certificate of necessity, and electric capacity resource adequacy, and establishes an integrated resource planning process. PA 342 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to renewable energy, energy waste reduction, and distributed generation, and allows utilities to implement on-bill financing programs. The laws take effect on April 20, 2017.
Click here to find general information about implementation tasks, staff leads for each of the tasks, implementation status updates, and ways to keep informed of stakeholder engagement opportunities.