- MPSC seeks comments on developing new interconnection rules
- MPSC to begin livestreaming its regular meetings
- MPSC orders DTE Gas to refund $24.9 million from tax cut to customers
- We Are HIRING! Looking for a Public Utilities Engineer in two sections in our Energy Resources Division: Energy Markets and Generation.
- 2018-19 MEAP grant awards for low-income energy assistance
Public Acts 341 and 342 were passed on December 15, 2016, and signed by Governor Rick Snyder on December 21, 2016. PA 341 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to utility rate cases, electric choice, certificate of necessity, and electric capacity resource adequacy, and establishes an integrated resource planning process. PA 342 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to renewable energy, energy waste reduction, and distributed generation, and allows utilities to implement on-bill financing programs. The laws took effect on April 20, 2017.
Click here to find general information about implementation tasks, implementation status updates, and ways to keep informed of stakeholder engagement opportunities.