The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Electric Rate Books
Michigan Public Service Commission approved rate schedules, rules, regulations, and standard forms governing the distribution and sale of electricity by utilities operating in Michigan.
MPSC-Approved Electric Utility Rate Books and Cancelled Sheets
- Alpena Power Company
- Consumers Energy Company
- Detroit Thermal
- DTE Electric Company
- Indiana Michigan Power Company (American Electric Power)
- Northern States Power (XCEL ENERGY)
- Upper Michigan Energy Resources Corporation (UMERC)
- Upper Peninsula Power Company
Cooperatives with Member-Regulated Rates
per PA 167 of 2008 (Rate Books are not approved by the MPSC)
- Alger Delta Cooperative Electric Association
- Cloverland Electric Cooperative
- Cloverland Electric Cooperative (formerly Edison Sault)
- Cherryland Electric Cooperative Great Lakes Energy Cooperative
- Midwest Energy Cooperative Electric Association
- Ontonagon County Rural Electrification Association
- Presque Isle Electric Cooperative
- Thumb Electric Cooperative
- Tri-County Electric Cooperative
Contact MPSCTARIFF@michigan.gov for further information.
For FERC-approved books, see Electric Tariff Books page.
Rate Books may not yet reflect PSCR Factors that are pending MPSC approval.
Rate Books may not yet reflect changes approved by recent MPSC orders. See MPSC Electric Orders page for orders issued in past few months. To search for proposed Rate Book changes that are not yet approved, search MPSC Case Index under utility name (in quotes) using keywords such as rate, electric, tariff, and rule.
Rate Books include requirements based on MPSC administrative rules. See also Administrative Rules and Guidelines.