The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Veteran Homes - Apply for Admission
Applying is as easy as 1-2-3
Before applying, we recommend veterans and their families do three things.
1. Contact Us
Start by reaching out to the Michigan Veteran Home of your choice to verify eligibility. Our team is available in person, by email or over the phone to assist.
Click Here: MVH Admission Inquiry Form
One of our admission coordinators will provide an application for admission.
2. Check the veteran's discharge document (DD-214)
Form DD-214 will verify active duty, release from duty, assignment, rank and other information that's critical to getting military benefits. (Not sure where it is? Not to worry. Veterans can request another copy through the Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency.)
3. Talk to Your Primary Care Provider
Veterans should inform their doctor of their intent to use their benefits at MVH.
Ready to apply?
To apply for admission to Michigan Veteran Homes, candidates should submit a completed application to their chosen home, along with the following documentation:
- Their military discharge document (DD-214)
- Copies of Medicare and/or any health insurance ID cards
- A copy of a recent (within 90 days) physical
- A copy of up to the past three years of federal income tax forms
- Verification of income and assets, including copies of current bank account statements (checking and savings), Social Security benefits, pension benefits, current annuity, stock and/or bond statements, life insurance, etc.
- Copies of Irrevocable Trust (if applicable)
- Copies of guardianship, power of attorney, conservatorship or patient advocate forms
Once we receive the application, our admissions team will review it and notify the applicant (or other contact) by phone – noting whether they’ve been approved or denied. If approved, an admission date will be provided or the applicant will be placed on a waiting list.
Our resources are available to you
Need location information or contact information? We’ve got you covered.
Michigan Veteran Homes at Chesterfield Township
47901 Sugarbush Road
Chesterfield Township, MI 48047
Michigan Veteran Homes D.J. Jacobetti
425 Fisher Street
Marquette, MI 49855
Michigan Veteran Homes at Grand Rapids
2950 Monroe Avenue NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505