Skip to main content

What other types of financial support are available?

Michigan Reconnect is not the only financial support available to help you get through school. You may receive additional financial aid from:

  • The federal government: As part of the application process, you are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). After completing the FAFSA, you may be awarded grants (that don't need to be repaid), federal work-study (that provides part-time jobs to students), and loans.
  • Your college: You will be automatically considered for financial aid from your community college once you apply for FAFSA.
  • Your employer: Some employers offer financial aid for employees going to school. Ask your supervisor for more information.
  • Benefit programs: There may be public assistance available to help support you and your family while you are going to school. Visit Mi Bridges to apply to programs for:
    • Childcare assistance
    • Food assistance
    • Medical assistance
    • Cash assistance
    • Utility assistance