The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible for the Michigan Reconnect scholarship?
- Do I have to be 25+ to be eligible for this scholarship?
- How long do I need to have been a resident in Michigan to qualify?
- What if I have an associate or bachelor's degree already?
- What if I completed a certificate program in the past?
- What if I am already enrolled in an associate degree or skill certificate program?
- If I meet all the other eligibility criteria but completed my high school diploma outside the United States, am I still eligible?
- Am I eligible for Michigan Reconnect if I am a guest or visiting student?
- Am I eligible for Reconnect if I haven't earned a high school diploma or equivalent yet?
Applying for the Scholarship
- What is the deadline to apply for this scholarship?
- How can I apply for this scholarship?
- How can I apply for this scholarship without an email address?
- What do I need to apply?
- When I submit my Reconnect application, how long before I find out if I've been accepted or not?
- My scholarship application has been accepted. Now what?
Applying for College
- Which colleges accept the Reconnect scholarship?
- What if I have questions about a specific community college?
- How do I find which community college considers me "in-district"?
- I'm applying for a community college out of my district, does the scholarship cover this too?
- I owe money to the community college I want to attend. What can I do?
- How many credits can I enroll in per semester?
- What does it mean to enroll part-time?
- When can I start classes?
- What if I can't enroll next semester/am not ready to right away?
- What can I study while I'm a Reconnect participant?
- Will my previous college credits transfer?
- Can I get credit for military or work experience?
- How do I make sure my scholarship award is applied to my tuition?
- Why do I need to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if Reconnect is tuition-free?
- What if I want to change my program of study while participating in Michigan Reconnect?
- Can Michigan Reconnect cover more than one associate degree or certificate program?
Funding and Costs
- I need childcare while I attend school. Is there help available?
- What other types of financial support are available?
- Are there other costs of going back to school?
- What costs does Reconnect cover?
- What does "out-of-district" mean?
- Does the Michigan Reconnect scholarship cover repeated courses?
- Does the Michigan Reconnect scholarship cover remedial and/or developmental courses?
Keeping the Scholarship
- What are the requirements for keeping this scholarship?
- How long can I keep the scholarship?
- What if I want to transfer schools?
- What if I move out of state while I am a Reconnect scholarship participant?
- What if I need to take a "scholarship leave of absence"?
- How do I check my application or eligibility status for this scholarship?
- What if I earned a certificate as a Reconnect participant and want to pursue my associate degree after?
- What if I need to withdraw from a course or courses?