The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC City Meeting Minutes October 30, 2023
Detroit Financial Review Commission
CITY REGULAR MEETING
Monday, October 30, 2023, at 1:00 p.m.
Remotely Using Microsoft Teams
- Call to Order
- Chairman, Kevin A. Smith called the meeting to order 1:02 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that six (6) Commission members eligible to vote were present, A quorum was present.
- Approval of the Proposed Minutes from the August 28, 2023, July 31,2023 and June 26, 2023, Regular City Meetings
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Harkins to approve the draft minutes of the Commission’s above-mentioned City meetings as presented. The Commission approved the minutes of these meetings as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the City’s monthly report, ending August 31, 2023, the city continues to pay its debt and pension obligations, remains in compliance with all statute relevant to the waiver, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waiver at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- City’s Financial Report for August 31, 2023 – FYI Only
- CFO, Jay Rising gave an overview of above-mentioned financial report and addressed questions from the commissioners.
- Public Comment
- William Davis
- Next Meeting Date
- City Regular Meeting: Monday, November 13, 2023, at 1:00 pm, remotely via Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Berry to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:13 p.m.
Members Present -7
- Hakim Berry
- Chris Harkins
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry (non-voting on city matters)
- Jay Rising
- Ron Rose
- Kevin Smith
- John Walsh
- Dr. Barnwell
- Mary SheffieldDr. Vitti