The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Detroit FRC school District Meeting Minutes April 25 2022
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, April 25, 2022
Following the City’s Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved Monday, May 23, 2022
- Call to Order
- Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:09 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Let the record show that six (6) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC’s March 28, 2022, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Walsh to approve the draft minutes of the Commission’s March 28, 2022, School District Meeting. The Commission approved the minutes of the March 28, 2022, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, ending February 2022, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday May 23, 2022, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry and supported by Commissioner Vidito to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:14 p.m.
Members Present – 8
- Rachael Eubanks
- Chris Harkins
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Ron Rose
- Mary Sheffield (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Jeremy Vidito
- John Walsh
Members Absent – 2
- Dr. J. Barnwell
- David Nicholson