Detroit FRC School District Meeting Minutes January 31 2022
Detroit Financial Review Commission
SCHOOL DISTRICT REGULAR MEETING
Monday, January 31, 2022
Following the City's Regular Meeting
(Begins no earlier than 1:05 p.m.)
Using Microsoft Teams
Approved February 28, 2022
- Call to Order
- Madame Chair, Rachael Eubanks called the meeting to order at 1:40 p.m.
- Roll Call
Members Present - 8
- Dr. Barnwell
- Rachael Eubanks
- Chris Harkins
- Angelique Peterson-Mayberry
- Jay Rising (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Ron Rose
- John Walsh
Members Absent - 2
- David Nicholson
- Mary Sheffield (non-voting on DPSCD matters)
- Jeremy Vidito
Let the record show that six (6) Commission members eligible to vote on matters relating to DPSCD were present. A quorum was present.
- Approval of proposed Minutes from the FRC's December 13, 2021, School District Monthly Meeting
- Motion made by Commissioner Rose and supported by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry to approve the draft minutes of the Commission's December 13, 2021, School District Meeting. The Commission approved the minutes of the December 13, 2021, meeting as presented.
- Executive Director's Report
- Patrick Dostine, Executive Director, informed the meeting that in reviewing the monthly financial reports for DPS and DPSCD, ending November 2021, the School District continues to pay its debt obligations, remains in compliance, and there is no reason to consider rescinding the waivers at this time.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next Meeting Date
- School District Regular Meeting: Monday February 28, 2022, following the City Meeting, beginning no earlier than 1:05 pm, remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- Motion made by Commissioner Barnwell and supported by Commissioner Peterson-Mayberry to adjourn. The Commission approved the motion to adjourn.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:48 p.m.