CUSTOMER DRIVEN. BUSINESS MINDED.
The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) is responsible for the state’s regulatory environment and makes the delivery of services more efficient for consumers and business customers. LARA oversees the licensing and regulation of more than 1.2 million individuals and entities on an annual basis. Through the oversight of the department’s diverse agencies, bureaus and commissions, LARA safeguards Michigan citizens and supports business growth and job creation.
- Adult Foster Care and Homes for the Aged Facilities
- Asbestos License
- Child Care Homes and Centers
- Children's or Adult Foster Care Camps
- Commercial License
- Construction License
- Fireworks License
- Health Facilities - Hospitals, Hospices, Surgery Centers, Nursing Homes, Substance Abuse
- Health Professional License
- Liquor License
- Occupational License
- MPSC releases annual reports on energy waste reduction, status of renewable energy in Michigan in 2016
- LARA Publishes Michigan's Medical Marihuana "Universal Symbol"
- Detroit Pharmacist Summarily Suspended for $6 Million Health Care and Wire Fraud
- Michiganders Urged to Keep Fire Hydrants and Emergency Exits Clear of Snow
- Home Heating Credit application processing begins
- Stay Safe on the Slopes this Ski Season
- LARA: State Application Deadline for Medical Marihuana Facilities Operating with Local Approval is Feb. 15th
- MPSC announces agenda for Feb. 20 EV pilot program discussion Click here to view more LARA News Releases