Skip Navigation
DHS - Department of Human Services | DHS Department of Human Services | DHS
Department of Human Services | DHS
Email this Page
Share this Link on Facebook
Tweet this page on Twitter!

Resident Rights

The Residents Rights for both Family Homes and Group Homes explain a resident's rights while living in an Adult Foster Care Home. These rights must be read to each resident and a copy of the rights offered to each resident at or before admission to a facility.


Resident Rights for AFC Family Homes

Resident Rights for AFC Group Homes

Homes for the Aged are required to adopt and provide to each resident at admission, and publicly post in the facility, a policy describing the rights and responsibilities of residents. Residents must be treated in accordance with the policy.

HFA Resident Rights and Responsibilities


To make a complaint regarding the violation of Resident Rights contact the Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing Complaint Intake Unit at 1-866-856-0126 or see Complaints for specific details.

To make a complaint regarding the abuse, neglect or exploitation of an adult contact Adult Protective Services at 1-800-996-6228.