Skip to main content

Can a CPA that provides other accounting services to the licensee prepare the Annual Financial Statement (AFS) report?

The CPA must be an independent CPA in accordance with the independence requirements in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Code of Professional Conduct. View the AICPA Guide to Independence here for more information.

“Independence” questions can be submitted to the Michigan Association of CPAs (MICPA) Professional Ethics Committee for guidance. The MICPA can be contacted by phone at 248-267-3700 or by visiting their website for more information.