The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
How do I register as a patient (over age 18) with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP)?
You may now register, renew or make changes to your registry card online. You must:
- Be a patient without a caregiver (or remove caregiver upon renewing)
- Create a secure online account
- Have an in-person medical evaluation from an active Michigan physician before your application is approved
Instructions and the online portal are available on our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp.
If you are a patient with a caregiver or choose to designate one, you must submit a paper application.
You must submit, in one envelope, a complete MMMP Application Packet, which can be found on our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp.
- A complete Application Form
- A complete Physician Certification Form (the form is part of the Application Packet)
- Proof of Michigan residency, which means one of the following:
- A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan driver license issued under the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.1 to 257.923, or
- A copy of your valid, lawfully obtained Michigan personal identification card issued under 1972 PA 222, MCL 28.291 to 28.300, or
- A copy of your valid Michigan voter registration
- Note: If you submit a voter registration as proof of Michigan residency, you must submit proof of your identity. Proof of identity can be any government-issued document that includes your name and date of birth.
- The required $40 application fee (check or money order made payable to: State of Michigan- MMMP)
- If you are designating a caregiver, proof of the caregiver’s identity, which means one of the following:
- A copy of the caregiver’s valid state-issued driver license, or
- A copy of the caregiver’s valid state-issued personal identification card
- Any other documents that are required when completing the application (see instructions on Application regarding legal guardianship and Medical Durable Power of Attorney).