Skip to main content

How do I become a caregiver?

  • You must meet the requirements in the statutory definition of “caregiver” in MCL 333.26423(h). The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA) can be found on our website at
  • A patient must submit one of the following to designate you as their caregiver:
    • A complete Application Packet (if the patient is within 90 days of his or her registry card expiring OR the person is not a current patient with an active registry card)
    • A complete Add or Change Caregiver Form (if the patient already has an active registry card)
  • Your valid state-issued driver license or personal identification card must be submitted with the patient’s Application Packet or Add or Change Caregiver Form.
    • Note: We will not accept an expired driver license or personal identification card.