The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Social Equity Grant Program
The 2023-2024 CRA Social Equity Grant Program is available to entities that:
- Have a valid adult-use license authorized and issued by the State of Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Cannabis Regulatory Agency, and
- Currently have eligible social equity program participants (have been approved by the CRA for the program and are active in the program) that have majority ownership (over 50%) of the entity, and
- Are a certified participant in the Cannabis Regulatory Agency's Social Equity All-Star Program.
Social Equity Grant Program funds must be spent in one or more of the following categories:
- Funds spent on employee education may be used for an employee of the entity to take one or more classes or courses that are relevant to the entity’s business from an accredited institution.
- Funds spent on business needs may be used towards compliance with licensing and regulatory statutes and rules.
- Funds spent on community investment may be used on or donated to organizations, non-profits, and/or charities that positively impact the community in which the entity is located.
Only one grant will be awarded per qualifying entity, regardless of how many licenses the entity has. Once it is determined how many applicants meet the criteria for approval, then each approved grantee will receive an equal share of the grant dollars. Example: 100 grantees = $10,000 per grantee ($1,000,000/100 grantees). The deadline for submitting a Social Equity Grant Program application is 5:00pm, January 26, 2024.
2023-2024 Social Equity Grant Program