The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Step 1: Prequalification
The first step of the adult-use marijuana establishment application process is prequalification. The main applicant and each supplemental applicant must submit prequalification applications. During prequalification, background checks are completed on the main applicant and all supplemental applicants.
Please note, an applicant seeking to participate in the Social Equity Program as a qualified member of a disproportionately impacted community must apply with the Social Equity Program prior to submitting a step 1 application for prequalification. For more information about the Cannabis Regulatory Agency Social Equity Program, please follow this link.
- The main applicant is the entity (e.g., limited liability company, corporation, partnership) or individual (sole proprietor) seeking to hold the marijuana establishment license.
- There is a $3,000 nonrefundable application fee for the main applicant.
- The main applicant is required to submit a step 1 prequalification application.
- Each supplemental applicant is required to submit a step 1 prequalification application.
- There is no application fee for supplemental applicants.
- Supplemental applicants differ depending upon business structure. Select the below links for supplemental applicants of:
Detailed Instructions by Application Type