This program provides:
- Blood lead surveillance, data, and reports.
- Lead poisoning education and outreach.
- Health services for children with elevated blood lead levels.
- Health services for children at risk of lead poisoning.
- Funding to local health departments. Local health departments use the funding to provide a nurse to visit your home. The nurse discusses ways to help lower your child’s elevated blood lead level. Local health departments also provide:
- Blood lead testing (call to see if site provides testing).
- Presentations and training about lead and lead poisoning prevention.
- Please call your local health department for these services.
To qualify for the program, eligibility is based on your:
- Complete application
- Medicaid status
- Home location
LOCAL LEAD RESOURCES & SERVICES
Across the State of Michigan there are numerous lead-related programs and services. To see what program exists in your county, please contact one of the agencies below.
- City of Detroit Lead Programs
- City of Jackson Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Program (517-768-6436)
- CLEARCorps Detroit (313-924-4000)
- Lead Safe Home Program (LSHP)
- Medicaid CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program) Grantees
- City of Battle Creek
- Human Development Commission
- City of Grand Rapids
NATIONAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
National Center for Healthy Housing (NCHH)
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)