The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Policies and Laws
Lead related policies and laws
Michigan specific laws and regulations
- Public Health Code: Establishment of lead poisoning prevention program
- Public Health Code: Lead analysis - clinical laboratory reporting requirements
- Lead Hazard Control: Lead Abatement Act
- Lead Hazard Control: Lead Hazard Control Rules
- Lead Hazard Control: Michigan Occupational Safety & Health Administration (MIOSHA) Lead Rules
- Lead Hazard Control: Landlord penalty law (informational flyer)
- Lead Hazard Control: Lead-based paint and dust-lead clearance level changes
Federal laws and regulatory agencies
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provides information about EPA lead laws and regulations; Pre-Renovation Education (PRE) Rule [Michigan PRE form]; lead Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) program rules, including the Lead-Safe Certified Guide to Renovate Right booklet; and lead residential lead-based paint disclosure program rules.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides guidelines for lead hazard control.