Numbering and 911
Telecommunications customers in Michigan can dial the following abbreviated numbers to connect to important information sources:
- 2-1-1 Non-emergency community/human services (Michigan 2-1-1).
- 3-1-1 Non-emergency government services (community specific).
- 7-1-1 Michigan Relay Center for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
- 8-1-1 Underground utility line location (MISSDIG).
- 9-1-1 Emergency services.
988 National Suicide Hotline / 10-Digit Dialing Changes
- 988 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10-digit Dialing Notice for Michigan Customers
- FCC 988 Suicide Prevention Hotline Information page
- MPSC Consumer Tip on the 10 Digit Dialing Change