The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Office of Global Michigan
Office of Global Michigan
The Office of Global Michigan's Refugee Services program and its staff support the effective resettlement and integration of refugees in Michigan, ensuring their basic needs are met upon arrival so that they can live in dignity and achieve their highest potential.
Did you know...
Michiganders are employed by Latino & Asian-owned businesses.
in sales and receipts are generated by Latino & Asian-owned businesses.
in state tax revenue is generated by Arab Americans each year.
The Office of Global Michigan is calling for volunteers to help support refugee resettlement efforts here in Michigan through a new private sponsorship program. Welcome Corps, a new service opportunity launched by the federal government in January, empowers everyday Americans to make a difference in their communities by welcoming refugees from around the world seeking freedom and safety.
Newcomer Rental Subsidy (NRS) Program
The Office of Global Michigan will administer a new program that provides temporary rental subsidies to help address critical housing challenges for newcomers in Michigan. The Newcomer Rental Subsidy program is intended to increase access to affordable and better housing, and expand the options for areas of residence. This will contribute to lowering poverty rates, creating more employment opportunities, and more rapid social integration while maintaining dignity. The Office of Global Michigan plans to start accepting applications in October.
- Refugee Mental Wellness Programming Showcase
- June 20, 2023: World Refugee Day
- June 2023: Immigrant Heritage Month Proclamation
- April 2023: Arab American Heritage Month Proclamation
- Statement regarding the shooting at Michigan State University
- FY 23/24 Refugee Mental Health Initiative Awardees
- Michigan Celebrates Welcoming Week Immigrants Vibrant Diversity and Value to Communities
- Benefits and Services for Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolees (Versions in English/Ukrainian/Russian)
- Michigan celebrates influence immigrants have on shaping our rich communities
- Statewide Update - Afghan Placement Assistance
- Office of Global Michigan Director, Poppy Sias-Hernandez, Appointed to the USDA Equity Commission
- Ukrainian Humanitarian Parole Benefit and Services Information
- Benefits and Services for Cuban and Haitian Entrants in Michigan English Spanish Haitian Creole
Global Michigan’s funding opportunities:
The Office of Global Michigan is pleased to announce funding and program opportunities. See all details in the attached Proposals.